20 Hilarious Words Of Patrick Obahiagbon And Their Meanings
Patrick Obahiagbon, who once represented Oredo Federal Constituency of Edo state shot to limelight the moment he arrived the House of Representatives in 2007 with his uncanny knack for jaw-breaking use of English.
If you have ever listened to the honourable member speak before, you will agree that you need your dictionary to actually understand his dexterity in grandiloquence.
Here is a compilation of the top 20 Jaw breaking words ever used by him and their meanings (mind you, some of the words are not found in English while some meanings too are not as established in English):
1. Crinkum-crankum – Elaborate or detailed (archaic)
2. Megalomania – a mental illness or condition in which somebody has an exaggerated belief in their own importance or power.
3. Jiggery-pokery – Tricky, misrepresentation and manipulation.
4. Mephistophelean – wicked
5. Kakistocracy – Government under the control of a nation’s worst or least-qualified citizens
6. Braggadocio – Boost full or arrogant behavior
7. Ratiocination– The forming of judgment by a process of logical reason
8. Phantasmagoria – a sequence of imaginary images
9. Gargantuan –extremely large
10. Bugaboo – an object of fear
11. Pooh-pooh – Dismiss as being foolish or impractical
12. Insalubrious – unwholesome and unhealthy
13. Odoriferous – having an odor.
14. Lugubrious – mournful, sad, dismal
15. Malodorous – smelling very unpleasant
16. Termagant – a woman who is very strict and who tries to tell people to do things in an unpleasant way
17. Conundrum – A confusing problem or question that is too difficult to solve
18. Alacrit – great willingness or enthusiasm
19. Mendacious – Not telling the truth
20. Egregious – Outstandingly bad and shocking.